SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification.
Introducing the 2015 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Exam Preparation Course.
MCC's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification exam preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. This certification recognizes that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Tests the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrates that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
This certification exam preparation course covers four knowledge domains: People,
Organization, Workplace and Strategy as well as eight behavioral competencies; Leadership
& Navigation, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, Relationship Management, Consultation,
Critical Evaluation , Global & Cultural Effectiveness, and Communication.
Please note this course does not support the PHR/SPHR certification exam through HRCI.
Who should enroll:
HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam.
- Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
- HR professionals wanting a broader education or to update their HR knowledge.
- HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability by gaining current HR knowledge.
Exam: The course investment ($1250) includes all SHRM course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations. Cost of the exam is $300 for SHRM members / $400 for non-members. Testing is through Prometric Testing Center. Please see SHRM eligibility requirements to sit for the exam below. The fall/winter exam window is Dec 1 - February 15.
Course/exam prep dates: Thursday nights: September 17 - December 3 (no class November 26). 6p - 9p
Location: Middlesex Community College, 591 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730
Room: Henderson Hall, Room HH-115
Registration: Call 1-800-818-3434 July 6 - September 8. Please provide course # CAR 770-30 and a valid e-mail address and phone number when enrolling.
Tuition: $1250 which includes all SHRM materials/texts excluding the cost of the exam. Textbooks will be distributed the first class. Note for Commonwealth of Massachusetts employees: This course is eligible for tuition waivers only. Textbooks are student paid and non-refundable.
MCC Refund Policy: 5 or more business days prior to start of course: 100% refund
Less than 5 business days prior to start of the course: 50% tuition refund
After course begins: $0
Note: SHRM textbook/materials are non-refundable once distributed.
The SHRM Learning System Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK):
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
HR Behavioral Competencies:
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness