Nurse Assistant / Home Health Aide Certificate
May 31 - July 13 5p - 10p M/T/W L HASBROUCK
June 27 - July 21 8a - 4p M/T/W/R L HARMER
Tuition: $995. Textbooks, exam fee, scrubs are separate fees.
Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide Certificate Training
This training program (including 24 hours of weekend clinical training at a local long-term care facility) prepares you for an entry level career as a Nurse Assistant. Upon successful completion, students are eligible to sit for the Massachusetts nurse assistant certification exam. Students will learn how to appropriately care for residents in long-term care facilities and hospitals as well as personal patient care, patient rights, lifting and turning patients, safety, infection control, vital signs, record keeping, mental health care of residents, and stress management. Students must have a HS Diploma or GED. Students will also be required to pass a literacy exam and complete a CORI/SORI check and be able to lift and move 50 pounds. Course is not eligible for waivers or vouchers. State exam administered by the American Red Cross and is a separate fee. (100 hours) Tuition: $995. Textbooks, exam fee, scrubs are separate fees.
Applications will be available until seats are filled. To apply contact Mary Wheeler
at firstname.lastname@example.org or
The following requirements must be met:
Read and sign the student Memo of Understanding
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid photo ID (state ID or driver's license)
- Take an English assessment test. (NOTE: MCC accuplacer assessment scores or college level English course may be substituted)
- Agree to a CORI/SORI background check (must complete forms with MCC)
- Complete a Health Record Immunization form (link to Health Record form below)
The following three textbooks are required for the program and are available at the MCC Lowell Bookstore by calling 978-322-8323, or you may purchase at your preferred book vendor. Course # is CAR 768
- Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics (4th edition) Hartman Publishing, ISBN 978-1604250503
- Workbook for Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics (4th edition) Hartman Publishing, ISBN 978-1604250510
- The Home Health Aide Handbook (4rd edition) Hartman Publishing, ISBN 978-160425-056-5
Click here for a copy of the required health form.
Health Record Form
Refund Policy: As stated in student Memo of Understanding
Attention Massachusetts Small Business Owners: Attention Massachusetts Small Business Owners:
This course is approved by the Massachusetts Workforce Express Fund. This pool of funding is designed for small business owners with less than 100 employees to quickly provide training for employees. Funding is paid to employers (not employees). Applications must be received 6 weeks in advance of program. If eligible, this fund will reimburse employers 50 % of the course tuition cost. For more information on this funding, please contact Leandra Jones at Express@commcorp.org or online application Questions on this funding call 617-727-8158 x 6951. The state approved course number is 1077194