Chapter 15 of the General Laws of Massachusetts requires that all students enrolled in nine or more credit hours participate in the College Student Medical and Accident Insurance Plan.
Please note: The health insurance fee must be paid in full in order to receive coverage.
The requirements may be waived for students who already have comparable health insurance by completing a waiver form which can be found by clicking on the waiver link listed below.
- Complete information under Create Account
- Click: Create Account
- Click: Student Waive/Enroll- under Student Access on left side
- Click: I Want to Waive
- Answer questions
- Click: Click to Continue
- Complete: Student Information
- Check box next to “I want to Waive…
- Enter Insurance Information
- Click Submit Form
Please note: The following can not be used to waive the insurance.
*MassHealth Limited, Children's Medical Security Plan, or Health Safety Net.
*Students enrolled in free care at a hospital.
*Students with an insurance policy of a foreign carrier.
For a summary of benefits click here.
MCC’s Health Insurance Coverage Policy
Due to the expansion of course offerings in non-standard terms at MCC (specifically the Allied Health program courses and Weekend College program courses) and the resulting staggered class starts and registration timeframe, MCC’s policy on required health Insurance coverage is as follows:
- Middlesex will require students enrolled in 9 credits or greater to have health insurance
(either through MCC or comparable coverage on their own as defined by state) for the
following effective enrollment periods.
- Fall semester – Courses that start within four weeks (two weeks before and two weeks after) of MCC’s standard 15 week term.
- Spring semester – Courses that start within four weeks (two weeks before and two weeks after) of MCC’s standard 15 week term.
- In order for students to be deemed enrolled in 9 credits for health insurance coverage purposes, all courses comprising the 9 credits must be taken concurrently.
2016 -2017 Health Insurance Fees
Students enrolled in 9 credits or more(mandatory)
Annual is $1,629.00
Spring is $1,088.00
Note: If a student fills out a waiver form and then they lose coverage, they are eligible to enroll in the schools insurance plan. They have 31 days from the date they lost coverage to enroll. Please call Gallagher Student at 1-877-333-3804 within the 31 day deadline. After 31 days the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the schools insurance plan.