Admission to Health Programs
The health programs at Middlesex Community College have specific admission requirements and the number of students admitted to these programs is limited. If you are considering applying to one of these programs, we strongly recommend that you attend a Health Programs Information Session, where you can get answers to your questions about these competitive and selective admissions programs. If you have questions after you have attended a Health Programs Information Session, we encourage you to set up an appointment with an academic or admission counselor. A counselor can assist you in developing a plan toward meeting the admission requirements for these programs. To schedule an appointment please call 1-800-818-3434.
Nursing, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting require a mandatory overview session for applicants prior to submitting a complete application. Click on the links below to view a schedule of upcoming sessions.
You can download the current admission application materials and Health Programs Information Sessions schedule by selecting a link below. Review the current admission requirements to see if you are ready to apply. Return all forms by the deadline to be considered for admission to the next available semester. No application will be processed without a completed Middlesex Community College application and the Admission Requirement Certification form.
If you do not yet meet the admission requirements for your program of interest, you may submit an application for Liberal Studies. Be sure to include the name of the health program you would like to apply to in the notes section at the end of the Liberal Studies application. We will offer you special advising and information sessions to help you reach your educational goals!
Health Programs Information Sessions schedule (these sessions will cover all health programs and are for admissions information only. Nursing, DMS, Dental Hygiene, and Dental Assisting have an additional MANDATORY session, see above for details.)
Select one of the following to view the current admission requirements and learn about your program of interest.
- Academy of Health Professions
- Nursing Assistant (Accepting Applications for January 2017, Day Program)
- Phlebotomy (Accepting Applications for April 2017, Evening/Weekend Program)
- Medical Office Administration (Accepting Applications for April 2017, Evening Program)
- Dental Assisting Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)
- Dental Assisting Certificate (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)
- Dental Hygiene Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)
- Dental Laboratory Technology Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Spring 2017)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)
- Medical Assisting Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017, Day option)
- Medical Assisting Certificate (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017, Day option)
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)
- Nursing Associate Degree - Day Option (Accepting Applications on a Rolling Basis)
- Nursing Associate Degree-LPN Advanced Placement Option (Advanced placement seats are awarded on a space available basis)
- Nursing Associate Degree - Evening Option (Accepting Applications on a Rolling Basis)
- Radiologic Technology Associate Degree (Accepting Applications for Fall 2017)