Emergency Grants

At Middlesex we have two emergency funds available for eligible students: Massachusetts Resident Rescue Fund and the MCC Federal Emergency Student Grant.

MCC Federal Emergency Student Grant

On December 27, 2020, theĀ Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) was signed into law. This law provided funds to be used for making emergency assistance grants directly to students. Priority for awarding emergency grants will be given to students with exceptional financial need, such as students who receive Federal Pell Grants. However, students who are not Pell Grant recipients or are enrolled exclusively in distance education or dual enrollment courses are also eligible to apply for an emergency assistance grant.

A student may use an emergency grant to pay for any component of their cost of attendance, including an outstanding account balance and/or tuition and fees, as well as for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care. In order to be eligible for an emergency assistance grant, a student should:

  • be registered for courses for the term the grant will be awarded
  • complete the Federal Emergency Grant Request form for the appropriate academic year
  • complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for theĀ  2022-2023 academic years. (available at studentaid.gov)
  • demonstrate financial need
  • be eligible for federal funding

Deadline for applications is

  • Spring 2023 apply by March 1, 2023

Massachusetts Resident RESCUE Grant

The Massachusetts Residents RESCUE Grant program provides financial assistance to public higher education students for unexpected or untimely expenses. The purpose is to enable enrolled students, who are Massachusetts residents in good academic standing who are experiencing short-term financial emergencies to remain in college to continue their studies.

Examples of short-term emergencies include but are not limited to

  • Food/Housing - rent or emergency mortgage assistance, food, housing supplies
  • Books/Supplies - books and supplies including computers and wifi
  • Child Care - Temporary daycare, emergency clothing, diapers/supplies
  • Medical Care - Emergency medical care, insurance, dental care, mental health care services
  • Transportation - Commuter rail/t-pass/bus pass, gas, minor repairs on car, auto inspection, insurance
  • Living expenses - electric/heat bill, gas bill, phone bill

If you had an unexpected or untimely expense that you need assistance with, you can apply for the funds.

  • You must be an MA resident.
  • You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits*
  • You must complete this form. Click submit at the end.
  • You need to complete the 22-23 FAFSA if you have not yet.

*if you are applying for money to pay a balance from a past semester and are not currently enrolled, you may still be eligible for funds to pay toward that past due balance.

Last Modified: 11/1/22