A number of scholarships are available to MCC students planning to transfer from MCC
to bachelor’s degree programs. Questions about these external transfer scholarships
should be directed to Jane Fain, Transfer Counselor, email@example.com, 978-656-3266.
Each year the New England Transfer Association awards several $1,000 scholarships to students transferring from NETA affiliated community colleges to NETA affiliated
Baccalaureate institutions. Application is due on March 17, 2017. Review application form for more information.
- Must be slated to receive an Associate’s degree by the end of the summer 2017 term.
- Plans to transfer to a NETA-affiliated, four-year institution beginning in fall 2017.
- Demonstrates consistent academic performance with a minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average.
- Has successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at MCC at the time of application
Please click on the link above for additional information and application.
The UMASS BOSTON Foster Furcolo Scholarship was established to honor Foster Furcolo who served as governor of Massachusetts from 1957 to 1960. He was instrumental in the creation of the system of public community colleges in the Commonwealth.
This is a two-year scholarship covering tuition and most mandatory fees to one graduate of each public community college in Massachusetts. Application is due on April 14, 2017. Review application form for more information.
Eligibility requirements are listed on the application form.
- Eligible students are those who are graduating from a two-year college (public or private)
- 3.5 or better Grade Point Average
- Associate Degree completed by the fall semester of their matriculation
- Scholarship is renewable for up to six semesters as long as students complete 18 credits a year and maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average
- Application for admissions and subsequent acceptance to UMD will automatically allow students to be considered. Recipients are selected by an Admissions Committee.
UMass Lowell is proud to award the UMass Lowell Transfer Scholarship, an In-State scholarship, to a select number of the most academically qualified admitted transfer students from within the state of Massachusetts.
- In-State residency required
- Minimum GPA of 3.00
- 15 earned transfer credits
- Application not required
Renewal criteria: 3.0 GPA; full-time status; maximum six semesters
Charter Oak Transfer Scholarship for Community College Graduates
Amount of award: $1,000 Community College Transfer Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Demonstrated interest and success in online learning
- Completion of 6 or more credits through online courses
- Accepted at Charter Oak State College - application and credentials on file
- Overall grade point average: 2.7
- Nominated by an instructor, counselor or administrator at the attending community college
- Provide a short essay on the benefits of online learning
- Salem State Academic Transfer Scholarship
- Boston University Metropolitan College, Scholarship for Community College Graduates
- Clark University
- College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
- Lesley University
- Lynn University
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
- Northeastern University College of Professional Studies
- Plymouth State University
- Rivier College
- Southern New Hampshire University
- University of New Hampshire - Manchester
- University of Phoenix
- Verena Stair Memorial Scholarship
- Western New England University
- University of Maine