Student Leadership Opportunity - Peer Tutoring
RE YOU LOOKING FOR A FANTASTIC LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY ON CAMPUS?
If so, apply to become a Peer Tutor Today!
Peer Tutoring brings successful students currently attending Middlesex to work with other students as peer tutors in our Academic Support Centers. The Peer Tutoring Program employs students who have successfully completed the courses in which they will be tutoring. The Peer Tutoring Program is certified by the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).
What do Peer Tutors do?
The tutor is a guide, a helper, a coach, a listener, a friend and a motivator. The goals of tutors are to foster active learning, independence and motivation. The Academic Centers for Enrichment Department offers a challenging and supportive environment for all students. For most students a tutoring session consists of:
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Setting goals
- Finding a purpose for the assignment
- Exploring the subject matter
- Breaking the task into smaller parts
- Finding solutions and answers
Want to Apply to be a Peer Tutor?
Peer Tutors are paid positions and all potential peer tutors are required to submit a faculty referral, resume, participate in an interview. All successful candidates will then participate in required unpaid training before tutoring in the ACE centers. All applicants must be a registered student to qualify for student employment positions on campus.
- Applications will be submitted online through Optimal Resume. Refer to position title ACE Peer Tutor - CRLA Level I. The ACE department will be accepting applications for Fall 2016 in April and May
- Click here to download the faculty recommendation form. Ask your professor to fill out the form and bring it with you to the group interview or ask your professor to send an email to Noreen McGinness Olson @ firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the qualifications on the recommendation form. Note: you must receive a B+ or better in the course (s) you are interested in tutoring and have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Attend a group interview session below.
Please contact Noreen McGinness Olson @ email@example.com for more information.
|4/26/2016||10:00-11:00am||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC-302|
|5/3/2016||2:00-3:00pm||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC-302|
|5/10/2016||2:00-3:00pm||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC-302|
|5/13/2016||10:00-11:00am||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC-302|
|5/18/2016||10:00-11:00am||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC-302|
|5/19/2016||10:00-11:00am||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Pollard Bldg Suite 300|
|5/27/2016||10:00-11:00am||LIB-7B - Writing Center||Cowan Center LC406B|
|6/1/2016||2:00-3:00pm||Cowan Center LC406B|
|6/1/2016||4:15-5:00pm||Cowan Center LC406B|
|6/3/2016||11:30-12:30pm||Cowan Center LC406B|