Student Leadership Opportunity - Peer Tutoring
RE YOU LOOKING FOR A FANTASTIC LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY ON CAMPUS?
If so, apply to become a Peer Tutor Today!
Peer Tutoring brings successful students currently attending Middlesex to work with other students as peer tutors in our Academic Support Centers. The Peer Tutoring Program employs students who have successfully completed the courses in which they will be tutoring. The Peer Tutoring Program is certified by the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).
What do Peer Tutors do?
The tutor is a guide, a helper, a coach, a listener, a friend and a motivator. The goals of tutors are to foster active learning, independence and motivation. The Academic Centers for Enrichment Department offers a challenging and supportive environment for all students. For most students a tutoring session consists of:
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Setting goals
- Finding a purpose for the assignment
- Exploring the subject matter
- Breaking the task into smaller parts
- Finding solutions and answers
Want to Apply to be a Peer Tutor?
Peer Tutors are paid positions and all potential peer tutors are required to submit a faculty referral, resume, participate in an interview. All successful candidates will then participate in required unpaid training before tutoring in the ACE centers.
- Click here to apply online through Optimal Resume. Refer to position title ACE Peer Tutor - CRLA Level I
- Click here to download the faculty recommendation form. Ask your professor to fill out the form and send it to Noreen McGinness Olson - Academic Resources Building, Bedford Campus or ask your professor to send an email to email@example.com addressing the qualifications on the recommendation form. Note: you must receive a B+ or better in the course (s) you are interested in tutoring and have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Attend a group interview session below:
Bedford Campus Lowell Campus Date Time Room Date Time Room 11/24/2015 1-2pm Bedford Library, LIB-7B 11/24/2015 2-3pm Lowell Cowan, LC-5D 12/3/2015 3-4pm Bedford Library, LIB-7B 12/3/2015 3-4pm Lowell, Cowan, LC-5D 12/10/2015 2-3pm Bedford Library, LIB-7B 12/10/2015 2-3pm Lowell, Cowan, LC-5D 12/18/2015 10-11pm Lowell, Cowan, LC-5D
***All Peer Tutors are required to attend a mandatory two day training****