Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find information about online course offerings at Middlesex?
- Do online courses have the same credits as regular courses?
- Does it appear on my transcript that I took this course online?
- How do I know if online learning is right for me?
- How do I register for an online course?
- What is my username and password?
- Do online courses require me ever to come on campus?
- How much does it cost to take classes online at Middlesex?
- I can't find my class(es) in Blackboard
- What do I do if I experience a problem in my online course?
- How do I use Blackboard?
- Will my browser work with Blackboard?
- Can I access a course from last semester?
- My preofessor uses publisher content, how do i get help?
- Is there a Blackboard Mobile App?
Where can I find information about online course offerings at Middlesex?back to top
You can find information about MCC online course offerings at the Online Learning website , or by calling 781-280-3716 and leaving a message.
Do online courses have the same credits as regular courses?back to top
Yes. Online courses carry the same credits as the equivalent face-to-face sections.
Does it appear on my transcript that I took this course online?back to top
No. Your transcript only indicates that you have taken the course, not the instructional format (e.g. face-to-face, online, self-paced, etc.)
How do I know if online learning is right for me?back to top
Online learning is not for everyone. There is a survey on this website that will help you to decide if online learning is right for you. (https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/Online/autosurvey.aspx)
How do I register for an online course?back to top
You register for an online course the same way you register for a traditional course: phone, fax, online, or in person (https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/Registration/). Make sure to use the correct section number for the online section.
What is my username and password?back to top
If the self-help tool does not work, please contact the MCC Service Desk 978*656*3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do online courses require me ever to come on campus?back to top
Some online courses will require you to come to campus occasionally for an exam or a lab, although many will not. Look at the syllabus of the course you are taking to see if there are any on-campus requirements.
How much does it cost to take classes online at Middlesex?back to top
All course tuition, and fees information can be found on the MCC Student Accounts
And you can apply for Financial Aid (https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/financialaid)
I can't find my class(es) in Blackboardback to top
What do I do if I experience a problem in my online course?back to top
If you experience a technical issue with your online course there is help available
24/7 at 1-866-669-6140. Please be prepared to answer questions regarding what operating system and browser
you are using on your computer.
There is also online help available at the "Middlesex Community College Online Support Center" this page will provide demonstration videos, information, and even allow you to file a ticket.
How do I use Blackboard?back to top
Blackboard has provided many handouts and videos for students to learn how to use
Can I access a course from last semester?back to top
If you find a course from a previous semester available to you; your professor has turned it back on for some reason.