For any situation where there is a concern about student behavior, we recommend that faculty/staff start by consulting with one of the Personal Counselors. Personal counselors can provide information, training, and support regarding how best to manage students' emotional/behavioral issues that surface in the classroom, in offices, or in other areas around the college. Workshops are offered for faculty/staff periodically throughout the year and can be requested for a particular department or division.
Enrollment Center, Second Floor
City Campus, Third Floor
- Document any incident that is of concern to you and/or seems to be an ongoing issue.
- Consider notifying your supervisor/Division Dean
- Documentation should include the following information:
- dates/times of the incident(s)
- specific behaviors (without interpretation)
- action taken (verbal warning, referral)
- the student's response
- the faculty/staff member's desired outcome
- Send or forward documentation to Dean of Students, whether you are working with your supervisor or not.
NOTE: Report situations needing immediate intervention directly to:
Pam Flaherty, Dean of Students