Dean's Advisory Council Mission
The Dean's Advisory Council is appointed annually with the main purpose to consult with and advise the Dean of Students on matters pertaining to current issues and policy decisions. Dedicated to providing the College community with a positive environment, reflective of the Middlesex Core Commitments, the Council has 3 overarching duties:
- It serves as a sounding board regarding policies and procedures relating to the code of conduct.
- It offers recommendations to the College community for ensuring a constructive setting for academic inquiry.
- It develops and implements proactive measures and programs reflective of the Core Commitments.
- Help advise the College community about acceptable behavior that is civil and respectful of all.
- Hear current and past student discipline and small incident scenarios and develop questions for consideration and make recommendations to the Dean of Students.
- Prepare suggestions for Faculty and Staff on how to approach difficult situations in and out of the classroom.
- Assist with the development of a new plagiarism workshop for students with academic integrity infractions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an anger management/conflict resolution workshop for students with behavioral infractions.
- Develop a list of creative sanctions for the Dean of Students to use for future Code of Conduct violations.
- Develop and administer a survey about the climate of civility on campus and carry out a social-norming campaign based on the results.
- Plan campus dialogues on important and relevant issues.
- Promote the College's Honor Code and Core Commitments.
- Participate in College programs and serve as an example of high standards of personal and social responsibility.
- Serve on a College Discipline Board when asked
Applications are now being accepted. Interested students should contact Rebecca Newell for more information.
Office of Leadership & Student Activities
Bedford Campus Center 200
Lowell City 407