Welcome and Thank You for Serving
Pursuing higher education is the next step in transitioning from military to civilian life. The staff at Middlesex Community College Veterans Services welcomes you and is here to help you use your benefits to achieve a successful future through a college education.
When you enroll at Middlesex Community College you'll find a community of faculty and staff dedicated to helping veterans achieve their education and career goals. You can choose from a variety of academic programs that make achieving your educational and career goals convenient, including day, evening, weekend and online schedules. Our degree and certificate programs can help you enter the job market, or you can continue at a four-year institution through our transfer programs.
STEP 1: Get ready
- Complete the application for admissions
STEP 2: Get credit
- Arrange to have formal transcripts of all previous college coursework and prior military training transcripts sent to Enrollment Services.
STEP 3: Get set
- Complete the placement test and meet with an academic advisor
- National Guard/Reservists - sign up with your unit for the Educational Tuition Assistance or Tuition Assistance programs if you are eligible.
STEP 4: Get benefits
- Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for Veterans Benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Send a copy of your DD form 214 to the VA.
- Veterans- Bring a copy of your military discharge (DD form 214 Member 4 copy).
- National Guard/Reservists - Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE), DD form 2384-1 or DD form 214 Member 4 copy if you were called to active duty.
- National Guard Tuition Waiver students-- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Need help? Contact the MCC Veterans Resource Center
BEDFORD CAMPUS, Building 8, Room 206, 781-280-3510
LOWELL CAMPUS, City Building, Room 117, 978-656-3158