College Credit for Military Service

Whether you are currently an active service member or are a veteran, there is a possibility to earn college credit for your military training and experiences. When successfully transferred, your training and experience in the military comes with many benefits such as saving time and money. MCC awards military transfer credit based on American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations. We require the Joint Services Transcript (JST) for current or former Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy students. The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript is required for current and former Air Force students.

Requesting a Transcript

Community College of the Air Force
Visit CCAF to request a transcript.

Joint Service Transcript (JST)
Visit JST to request a transcript.

Official college or university transcripts may mailed to:

Enrollment Management Center
Middlesex Community College
33 Kearney Square
Lowell MA 01852

Electronic transcripts should be sent to

Additional ways to bring in credits:

Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)

Credit for Military Service is part of Prior Learning Assessment or Life Experience Credit. CPL assesses a student’s previous training and experiences to determine if credit may be earned toward the completion of the student’s degree. Please visit the Credit for Prior Learning for more information about typical areas where CPL credit has been awarded, types of evaluation and assessment as well as possible limitations.  

Since each individual's background and career goals are unique, options are best discussed and developed with the program adviser on a case by case basis.

Contact: Rob Kaulfuss, Credit for Prior Learning Coordinator and Advisor

781-280-3852 / / Bedford Campus, EC 107

CPL Options and Examples

Credits from other Colleges/Universities

Please visit the Transfer of Credits from Other Institutions website for more information. 

Last Modified: 3/25/24