PD Funding Policies & Procedures
- The current maximum request amount for full-time faculty is $750 per fiscal year
and $500 for part-time faculty and staff in their second year as Middlesex employees.
The limit for course tuition reimbursement is $500 per academic year for all. Full
or partial support may be given.
- Applicants must identify the supervisor who has approved this request for PD funding
- Please note, if funding is approved, the purchasing transactions/arrangements must be handled through our office in accordance with college policy.
Proposal Submission Timeline
To allow time for the Office of Professional Development to review the application, and for the Purchasing Department to make arrangements for payment, we have set the following funding request deadlines:
- For any request that involves air travel, employees seeking Professional Development funds should submit an application at least one month prior to the event.
- Any PD request that does not require air travel, the proposal must be submitted at least three weeks before the event.
If funding is approved, the purchasing transactions/arrangements must be handled through
our office in accordance with college policy. We do not provide reimbursements for travel/conference arrangements that were handled on your own. Reimbursement forms for meals & gas accrued during conference travel should be forwarded
to Wendy Khadjikian for review and Peter Shea's signature.
PLEASE NOTE: In situations in which more than three applicants submit proposals for the same conference requiring extensive travel and overnight accommodations, the equivalent of three applicants expenses will be funded. This amount can then be used by the entire group of applicants, as a pool of funds to use amongst themselves
Required Workshop/Conference Feedback
In order to disseminate the knowledge gained through PD-funded participation in a
workshop/conference, we require all funded applicants to fill out a brief conference evaluation form. This information--which is posted on the MCC PD Blog -- can help inform future decisions by faculty and staff about conference attendance.
Please contact Wendy Khadjikian at Ext. 3661 for questions or information.