Sustainability Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Sustainability Advisory Committee is to:
- Engage the Middlesex community in dialogue on environmental sustainability.
- Identify best practices that focus attention on the most efficient use of the College's resources.
- Develop fiscally responsible recommendations addressing sustainability issues on our campuses.
Goals for the 2013-2014 Academic Year included:
- Encourage, educate, and promote zero waste in the Bedford and Lowell cafeterias.
- Encourage the use of refillable containers at MCC water coolers.
- Encourage the use of recycling bins at all MCC events.
- Textbook recycling event in March 2014.
- Sustainability Week in April 2014.
- Promote Middlesex sustainability initiatives across the college community through the implementation of a wide range of communication strategies.