Sustainability Advisory Committee—Mission and Goals
The following is the Sustainability Advisory Committee Mission statement, as approved by the SAC committee on 11/19/13.
i – Purpose
The purpose of the Sustainability Advisory Committee is to encourage sustainability through communicating, educating, recommending, and implementing environmentally-sound practices.
ii – Functions
- Increase conversation among various areas of the college that are currently invested in sustainability practices,
- Serve as a resource to faculty to encourage incorporation of sustainability practices and themes in the classroom,
- Recommend fiscally responsible sustainability projects/practices/policies to college administration,
- Assist in implementing sustainability initiatives, and
- Maintain and enhance campus initiatives.
Goals for the 2014-2015 Academic Year included:
- Encourage, educate, and promote zero waste in the Bedford and Lowell cafeterias.
- Encourage the use of refillable containers at MCC water coolers.
- Encourage the use of recycling bins at all MCC events.
- Textbook recycling event in March 2015.
- Sustainability Week in April 2015.
- Promote Middlesex sustainability initiatives across the college community through the implementation of a wide range of communication strategies, including this site and social media (e.g. Facebook).