Transfer of Credit From Other Institutions

Transferring in from another college or university?

Contact our Admissions Office for assistance with applying to Middlesex Community College.

To Apply for Admission:

  • Complete and submit your Online Application for Admission or call 1-800-818-3434 for a paper application
  • Make an appointment to see an admission counselor to talk about your goals and possible major program of study
  • Once your application is received, you will receive an admission letter and forms that you will need to return to us

Official college or university transcripts may mailed to:

Enrollment Communications
Middlesex Community College
33 Kearney Square
Lowell MA 01852

Send Electronic transcripts to: 

Transferring in credit?

  • Credits are accepted for  transfer from regionally accredited schools or colleges with requisite transcript documents. A maximum of 45 credits earned at other institutions may be applied to academic programs. 15 credits must be earned through formal coursework at Middlesex.
  • Policy When Prerequisite Courses are Taken at Other Colleges or Universities
  • Students registering for a course must meet course prerequisites.  Students may use official or unofficial transcripts for verification through advising or our enrollment centers.
  • Transfer Credit will be awarded when a grade of "C-" or better is earned for a course from a regionally accredited college or university. Courses should be comparable to those offered and taught at MCC. All transferred courses must meet any program and/or prerequisite course grade requirements in order to be utilized to meet a program and/or prerequisite requirement. Credit is only awarded when an official transcript is shared with MCC.
    • (Note: Acceptability vs. Applicability: Although students may transfer in up to 45 credits, it may be possible that not all 45 credits can be applied to their major/program. Sometimes the transfer course is not applicable to a particular major/program and cannot fulfill degree requirements.)
  • Before enrolling in courses at another college, students should obtain approval from the Academic Planning Center to ensure that this coursework is applicable to their degree program at MCC.
  • For additional information our Transfer Credit Policy, please refer to the Middlesex Community College Catalog

Admissions Contact Information

Phone:    978-656-3370

Bedford campus: Enrollment Center (Building 9), First floor
Lowell campus: Cowan Center Building, Room 314

We appreciate your interest in Middlesex and look forward to hearing from you.

Last Modified: 11/30/23