Required Immunizations

<p><strong>***Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, at this time the student services offices will mainly be operating remotely. For immunization records, we will be taking questions and accepting forms via email (by scanning, email attachment) to <a href=""></a>. We understand it may be difficult getting records at this time so holds will be temporarily lifted to allow students to perform all online functions.</strong></p> <p>In order to attend classes at any Massachusetts university or college, state law requires that all full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all Health Program Division students (full and part-time, regardless of age), must provide a medical record of immunizations.</p>

What are the required immunizations (shots)?

  • Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
    • One lifetime dose after 2006
    • Td (Tetanus, Diphtheria) not sufficient
  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
    • 2 dose series
    • Students born prior to 1957 will be considered immune, and exempt from MMR documentation (with the exception of Health Program students)
  • Hepatitis B
    • 3 dose series
  • Varicella [chicken pox]
    • 2 dose series OR
    • Physician verified history of disease
    • Students born prior to 1980 will be considered immune, and exempt from Varicella documentation (with the exception of Health Program students)
back to top

What are the required forms?

Required Immunization Form

Exemption Form (Religious or Medical)

Authorization for Release of Medical records

Please Note:

Health Careers receive their physical exam forms from Admissions (to Health Programs).

International Students receive their physical exam forms/immunization forms from International Admissions.

back to top

Where can I get immunizations (other than my doctor's office)?

If you have insurance, check with your local pharmacies to see if they give shots. Another option is the Lowell General Immunization Clinic at the Saints campus offered at certain times during the week.

back to top

What happens if I don't submit my immunization records?

Students who do not complete the immunization law requirement by submitting immunization/shot records will be placed on hold for grades and transcripts.

back to top

How can I submit my immunization records?

  • Email:
  • Fax: 978-656-3421
  • Mail                Middlesex Community College
                           Cowan Center Rm 314
                           33 Kearney Square
                           Lowell, MA 01852

  • In Person
    • Bedford
      • Bedford Enrollment Center
    • Lowell
      • Cowan Center 3rd Floor, Room 314
back to top

Does it matter if I submit them to Lowell or Bedford?

Immunization records can be submitted to either office.

back to top

How can I obtain these records?

  • Completed records from your physician's office
  • High school health records
  • Laboratory reports of immune titers (blood tests) for Measles/Rubeola, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, and Varicella
  • Military Service Records

*Unable to get records from any of these sources? Call us at 978-656-3235 for additional information.

back to top

Last Modified: 4/22/20