The partnership between Middlesex Community College and local employers is longstanding and strong – and it works both ways. Together, we are creating a better community, with closer alignment between education and workforce needs, greater engagement of our neighbors with the arts and cultural events, and sparks to ignite a lifelong love of learning at any age.
Middlesex is a vital resource for employers in areas such as…
- Workforce development and corporate education, with customized, cost-effective programs for their employees
- Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Programs, offering assistance in applying for grants
- Biotechnology, placing virtually all of our students in biotech jobs and being a resource partner for the Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation
- Job candidates who possess both the content skills and the employability skills – communications, collaboration, critical thinking – to contribute to business success
- Internship and co-op students, providing an early introduction to students who may become prospective employees
- The Transition Program, where students with significant learning disabilities split the week between specialized coursework and unpaid internship placements at local businesses
- Historic homes and other campus venues that can be rented for business meetings, weddings, showers and other events
Employers are a valued collaborator with Middlesex via…
- Membership on college advisory boards
- Business insights that influence scholastic programming, so we can embed the skills students need into our coursework
- Internship and co-op opportunities that allow students to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field while still in school
- Financial support through the Middlesex Community College Foundation
- Strategic partnerships that open doors to students, faculty and administrators so they can experience relevant, on-the-job situations and gain the knowledge necessary to prepare for specific careers
With our business partners, we are advancing the economic growth and vitality of our community – and making a real difference in the lives of those we teach and employ throughout their careers.