Student Union Government Association
The Student Union Government Association (SUGA) represents the student voice. It works to promote cooperation and collaboration among students, faculty and administration of Middlesex Community College.
SUGA, in collaboration with the Center for Leadership & Engagement (CLE), also sponsors
student efforts to plan and promote programs and events for the campus community that
offer social, cultural, educational and recreational opportunities.
Student Government strives to:
Improve the quality of student life by regularly surveying students and communicating their needs to administration.
- Represent the interests and opinions of students and increase student decision-making power at campus meetings and on campus-wide committees.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility through cost-effective budget management.
- Create and promote student leadership opportunities for all students.
- Support students and student organizations in their academic and community endeavors.
- Communicate Federal and Massachusetts laws affecting students to students.
- Petition. lobby. and support groups that defend student rights.
- Serve as ambassadors of Middlesex Community College at College functions such as Open Houses, Opening Day, and special events.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with MCC staff and community members.
- Encourage responsibility, self discipline and good citizenship, and foster unity in realizing the ideals of education and democracy.
- Develop self confidence, independence and additional leadership skills of all its members.
SUGA 2017 Spring Meeting Schedule
Fall 2016 SUGA Meeting Minutes:
September 14, 2016
September 21, 2016
September 28, 2016
October 12, 2016
October 26, 2016
November 2, 2016
November 23, 2016
December 7, 2016
Spring 2017 SUGA Meeting Minutes:
February 2, 2017
February 16, 2017
February 23, 2017
March 2, 2017
March 9, 2017
March 16, 2017
March 30, 2017
April 6, 2017
April 13, 2017
April 20, 2017