Student Union Government Association
Student Government strives to:
- improve the quality of student life by regularly surveying students and communicating their needs to administration.
- represent the interests and opinions of students and increase student decision-making power at campus meetings and on campus-wide committees.
- ensure fiscal responsibility through cost-effective budget management.
- create and promote student leadership opportunities for all students.
- support students and student organizations in their academic and community endeavors.
- communicate Federal and Massachusetts laws affecting students to students.
- petition. lobby. and support groups that defend student rights.
- serve as ambassadors of Middlesex Community College at College functions such as Open Houses, Opening Day, and special events.
- develop and maintain collaborative relationships with MCC staff and community members.
- encourage responsibility, self discipline and good citizenship, and foster unity in realizing the ideals of education and democracy.
- Develop self confidence, independence and additional leadership skills of all its members.