Student Union Government Association
The Student Union Government Association (SUGA) represents the student voice. It works to promote cooperation and collaboration among students, faculty and administration of Middlesex Community College.
SUGA, in collaboration with the Center for Leadership & Engagement (CLE), also sponsors student efforts to plan and promote programs and events for the campus community that offer social, cultural, educational and recreational opportunities.
SUGA Nomination Form, Fall 2015 - Found on The Compass
Student Government strives to:
- improve the quality of student life by regularly surveying students and communicating
their needs to administration.
- represent the interests and opinions of students and increase student decision-making
power at campus meetings and on campus-wide committees.
- ensure fiscal responsibility through cost-effective budget management.
- create and promote student leadership opportunities for all students.
- support students and student organizations in their academic and community endeavors.
- communicate Federal and Massachusetts laws affecting students to students.
- petition. lobby. and support groups that defend student rights.
- serve as ambassadors of Middlesex Community College at College functions such as Open
Houses, Opening Day, and special events.
- develop and maintain collaborative relationships with MCC staff and community members.
- encourage responsibility, self discipline and good citizenship, and foster unity in
realizing the ideals of education and democracy.
- develop self confidence, independence and additional leadership skills of all its members.