Student Union Government Association
The Student Union Government Association (SUGA) represents the student voice. It works to promote cooperation and collaboration among students, faculty and administration of Middlesex Community College.
SUGA, in collaboration with the Center for Leadership & Engagement (CLE), also sponsors student efforts to plan and promote programs and events for the campus community that offer social, cultural, educational and recreational opportunities.
Spring 2016 Meeting Schedule
Spring 2016 Minutes
January 26, 2016
February 2, 2016
February 9, 2016
February 16, 2016
March 1, 2016
March 8, 2016
March 22, 2016
March 29, 2016
April 5, 2016
April 12, 2016
April 19, 2016
April 26, 2016
May 10, 2016
SUGA Nomination Form, - Found on The Compass
Student Government strives to:
Improve the quality of student life by regularly surveying students and communicating their needs to administration.
- Represent the interests and opinions of students and increase student decision-making power at campus meetings and on campus-wide committees.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility through cost-effective budget management.
- Create and promote student leadership opportunities for all students.
- Support students and student organizations in their academic and community endeavors.
- Communicate Federal and Massachusetts laws affecting students to students.
- Petition. lobby. and support groups that defend student rights.
- Serve as ambassadors of Middlesex Community College at College functions such as Open Houses, Opening Day, and special events.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with MCC staff and community members.
- Encourage responsibility, self discipline and good citizenship, and foster unity in realizing the ideals of education and democracy.
- Develop self confidence, independence and additional leadership skills of all its members.