This exciting, fast-paced project management course will provide an overview of project management principles, concepts, tools and techniques using lecture, interactive discussion and case studies. You will have the opportunity to apply course learning to a simulated class project from project conception, design and implementation to completion and project close, emulating the project management life cycle.
Core Skills Taught
- What is project management, who is using it and why is it becoming more prevalent in today’s fast paced, global economy?
- When is it appropriate to use project management?
- Defining project boundaries and scope, creating the project charter and planning
- Building effective project teams
- Estimating and managing project costs
- Project scheduling, control and monitoring progress
- How to assess and manage project risk
- Project tools, templates, understanding the value of a PMO and why it is useful
- Project implementation
- Understanding and managing conflict
- Project close, lessons learned, and knowledge data