How to schedule and prepare for your placement test
We believe that proper course placement is key to your success at Middlesex. When you become a Middlesex student you will be required to take a placement test before you enroll in classes. The placement test will be used to determine your current English, reading and math course placements. Your advisor will use your scores to help you build a class schedule. If you have successfully completed a college level English or math course at another college, you may be exempt from all or part of the test.
We want to make sure you do your best on the test and achieve your highest placement. Middlesex offers a number of ways to help you prepare. There is no cost for any of the preparation services.
- Learn about the test format and view sample test questions
- Enroll in our Reading Refresher Workshop
- Enroll in our Writing Refresher Workshop
- Enroll in our Math Refresher Workshop
- Take some sample tests using our online "My Math Test" program
- Pick up a test review packet in our Math centers and Reading Labs
- Request one-on-one tutoring
- Download reading test preparation materials
- Download writing test preparation materials
Once you are ready to take the test you can schedule an appointment online or by calling 1-800-818-3434. The test administrator will ask to see a picture ID, so please be certain to bring one with you.