Five steps to begin your future at Middlesex
1) Apply for admission to the college
- You may apply online or call 1-800-818-3434 to request an application.
- Once we receive your application, we will send you an admission letter and forms to return to us.
2) Schedule your College Placement Test appointment
- Schedule online or call 1-800-818-3434 to make an appointment for your placement test or return the testing exemption card. Placement testing is an important foundational piece of your education; the results determine the level of coursework you need to take in English, reading and math. We want you to do your best, and so we offer a number of ways to prepare. You may not have to take the test, or only parts of the test, if you have previously completed college-level coursework in English and math. Please note that you will need to show a picture ID at your appointment.
3) Register for classes
- Students who have been admitted to the college and are enrolling in day classes should
make an appointment to attend a Getting Started Academic Advising and Registration
Session. This can be done online or by calling 1-800-818-3434.
- Prepare for your registration session by reviewing your course placements and major program of study requirements. Explore the upcoming semester schedule of classes.
- Arrive on time for your registration session. Be sure to get your MiddleNet PIN number.
- Register for evening and weekend classes in any of the following ways:
Web – Log on to MiddleNet, our online enrollment link.
Phone – Call 978-656-3370 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Out of state, call 1-800-818-3434.)
Fax – Fax a completed registration form to 978-656-3443.
Mail – Send your completed registration form to:
MCC Enrollment Communications and Support
33 Kearney Square, Lowell, MA 01852-1987
Walk-in– Bedford campus: Student Information Center in the Enrollment Center (Building 9) Room 118. Lowell campus: Student Information Center in the Cowan Center Building, 33 Kearney Square, ground floor.
- Occasionally, a course is canceled because of low enrollments. To register for another course, log onto MiddleNet or call us at 1-800-818-3434.
- To make changes to your schedule, complete the add/drop process on MiddleNet, call 1-800-818-3434, or visit the Student Information Center before the first week of classes.
4) Take care of business
- Make arrangements to pay your tuition and fees.
- Take care of your health insurance. If you register for nine or more credits, you will be charged for health insurance at Middlesex. This fee may be waived if you are covered under another health insurance plan. If you are covered under your parents' health insurance, be sure to check their student enrollment coverage.
5) Start your life as an MCC student
- Attend Opening Day
- Buy your books, get a student ID card and a library card
- Attend every class meeting; it's not OK to skip classes
- Participate in Welcome Month activities