Welcome to the Teaching, Learning and Reflection Center
An Initiative of the Office of Professional and Instructional Development
The Teaching, Learning and Reflection Center has been established at Middlesex Community College in order to:
- Extend the network of faculty and staff committed to the scholarship of teaching and learning by serving as a focal point for exploration, information discussion, and collegial collaboration around new modes of teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Support and advance effective and innovative teaching in all areas of instruction to enhance and expand student learning and success.
- Provide an informal setting for faculty and staff to come to participate in ongoing discussions around teaching and learning, and receive help solving teaching issues.
- Examine ways of assessing effective teaching.
With these goals in mind, the Center will:
- Facilitate workshops on effective instructional strategies to improve student learning.
- Provide personalized pedagogical, course design, and technology assistance to full- and part-time faculty.
- Facilitate roundtable discussions on topics of teaching and learning.
- Establish a mentoring program of new faculty.
- Encourage innovation, experimentation and use of technology and other resources to enhance teaching.
- Provide assistance with assessment initiatives.
- Assess its effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
Contact and Location
The Bedford and Lowell Teaching, Learning and Reflection Centers (TLRC)are available for use during regular library hours.
Library, Room 5, ext. 3772
Library, Rm. 002, ext 3274
Contact Wendy Khadjikian at (781) 280-3661 for more information.