Welcome to the Health & STEM Pathways Center
The Health and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Pathways Center is committed to initiatives that are aimed at student achievement and success. We are located on the Lowell campus on the third floor of the Pollard Building. We offer a variety of student supports that are focused on academic achievement and career outcomes to all Health and STEM students. The Health and STEM programs of study are listed below and each link will provide details about the path to follow and the outcomes to expect.
News & Upcoming Events
Science Tutoring now available in the Pathways Center. Mondays 12:30-1:30 and on Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00.
Career Exploration Fair- Discover YOUR Future
To view the STEM Starter Career Exploration Program click here
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bedford Campus Center-Cafe East & Main Street.STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) & Health Careers are in demand and will create the economy of tomorrow. Individuals in STEM careers work to solve real world problems such as developing cures for cancer and inventing sustainable forms of energy.
HEAR from area employers and MCC alums in the STEM and Health fields, explore interactive Health & STEM exhibits, learn about our STEM Starter Academy, the Pathways Center, and STEM & Health Careers, and visit with faculty from our STEM and Health academic programs.
Middlesex Community College in Partnership with UMASS Lowell Presents: Hands-on "Research Experience" Workshops for Health & STEM Students
- Workshops will be offered at UMASS Lowell
- Biotechnology - Fri, May 16th , Mon – Wed, May 19th - 21st , & Fri May 23rd 2014
- Medical Microbiology Laboratory Workshop - June 2nd-6th, 2014 (10:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
These workshops are an excellent way for STEM students moving towards a four year degree program to "jumpstart" their success.
For a chance to be selected you must register on the Pathways Center website www.middlesex.mass.edu/pathwayscenter by no later than May 2nd, 2014. For additional information please visit the Pathways Center in the Pollard Building, Suite #300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in the Starter Academy Summer Bridge at MCC. The Summer Bridge is FREE and Open to Middlesex Students with an interest in the Health & STEM Careers. Session 1: July 28th-August 8th and Session 2: August 11th-August 22nd. For additional information please contact Audrey Frater at email@example.com
Stay tuned for the Upcoming Events Calendar. To register for any of these events please contact Audrey Frater at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and click on register for events. We look forward to seeing you.
- Nursing Job Opportunities- For complete job postings watch for posted links below ! Interested students should contact the Pathways Center for further assistance.
- CAREER FAIR- Spring into New Opportunities Monday, April 7, 2014 from 9:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center-50 Warren Street, Lowell, MA.
- In the weeks before the Career fair we will offer workshops which will cover both "Resume Preparation" and "How to Work a Career Fair" to help you prepare for the event. The workshops will take place at both campuses on multiple dates. Please register for the Career Fair Preparation Workshop or Resume Critique Session that suits your schedule.
- UMASS Lowell Winter Break Bridge Program. January 6-10. Students must register by November 1st to ensure confirmation. Space is available on a first come, first serve basis. To receive a registration form or for more information please email Audrey Frater at email@example.com or call the Pathways Center at 978-322-8411.
- Calling ALL STEM & Health Students. There will be a field trip to Body Worlds on January 17, 2014. Come join us! To register or for more information click here.