What You Need to Know About Graduation
Application Processback to top
Students must complete a Graduation Application to be eligible to graduate. Click Here for the Graduation Application or pick it up in either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
Students must pay the $30 Graduation fee to the Student Accounts Office on either the Bedford or Lowell campus.
Students must submit the completed application with receipt from the Student Accounts Office to either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
Graduation Requirementsback to top
Students receive the Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree when they have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours or the minimum number of semester hours and courses required by a specific major program of study and the core curriculum.
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00.
- Minimum of 15 semester hours of coursework completed at Middlesex Community College
- Payment of all financial obligations.
Certificates require completion of specified coursework related to particular fields of employment or professional studies. Most of the credits earned in a certificate program may be applied toward an associate degree.
Graduation Honorsback to top
Candidates for the associate degree whose cumulative GPA is at least:
3.20 - Honors
3.50 - High Honors
3.70 - Highest Honors
- To be eligible for graduation honors, students must earn a minimum 35 semester hours at Middlesex Community College.
- Honors read at the Commencement ceremony are based on the graduate's GPA at the end of the Fall semester.
Graduation Location/Cap & Gownsback to top
- Commencement will be held at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium May 23, 2013 at 10:00am
- Graduates should arrive at the Auditorium by 8:30am
- The graduates will begin to the processional at 9:30am
- Caps, gowns, and invitations will only be available according to the schedule that will be posted at a later date.
- Your cap and gown will be delivered to the campus that you selected on your order form.
Bedford - Campus Center - Room 217
Lowell - City Building - Cafeteria
- Each graduate will receive three invitations.
Important Telephone Numbersback to top
Student Accounts Office - 978-656-3291
Disability Support Services - 978-656-3251
Please call for accommodations at the commencement ceremony
Student Life Office - 781-280-3762
Student Information Center - 800-818-3434