What You Need to Know About Graduation
Application Processback to top
Students must complete a Graduation Application to be eligible to graduate. Click Here for the Graduation Application or pick it up in either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
Students must submit the completed application to either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
For more information about graduation applications, contact the Enrollment Communication Center at 978-656-3393.
Graduation Requirementsback to top
Students receive the Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree when they have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours or the minimum number of semester hours and courses required by a specific major program of study and the core curriculum.
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00.
- Minimum of 15 semester hours of coursework completed at Middlesex Community College
- Payment of all financial obligations.
Certificates require completion of specified coursework related to particular fields of employment or professional studies. Most of the credits earned in a certificate program may be applied toward an associate degree.
For information or questions regarding graduation eligibility, call the Assistant Registrar 978-656-3375.
Graduation Honorsback to top
Candidates for the associate degree whose cumulative GPA is at least:
3.20 - Honors
3.50 - High Honors
3.70 - Highest Honors
- To be eligible for graduation honors, students must earn a minimum 35 semester hours at Middlesex Community College.
- Honors read at the Commencement ceremony are based on the graduate's GPA at the end of the Fall semester.
For more information or questions regarding Phi Theta Kappa or graduating with Honors, contact the Honors Program Department at 781-280-3553.
Graduation Location/Cap & Gownsback to top
Commencement will be held at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium May 22, 2014 at 10:00am
- Graduates should arrive at the Auditorium by 8:30am
- Graduates will begin the processional at 9:30am
Caps, gowns, and invitations will only be available for pick up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. May 5-8 on the Bedford and Lowell campuses.
Your cap and gown will be delivered to the campus that you selected on your order form.
Bedford - Campus Center - Room 217
Lowell - City Building - Cafeteria
Due to the large number of eligible graduates this year, each graduate will receive three invitations when you pick up your cap and gown. At that time, if you would like to obtain additional invitations you may place your name on a wait list.
Every graduate's name is announced during the ceremony. If you prefer a certain pronunciation of your name, contact the Multicultural Center at 978-656-3267 by May 9.
Important Telephone Numbersback to top
Student Accounts Office - 978-656-3291
Disability Support Services - 978-656-3251
Please call for accommodations at the commencement ceremony
Student Life Office - 781-280-3762
Student Information Center - 800-818-3434
Multicultural Center - 978-656-3267