What You Need to Know About Graduation
Students must complete a Graduation Application to be eligible to graduate. Click Here for the Graduation Application or pick it up in either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
Students must submit the completed application to either the Bedford or Lowell Student Information Center.
For more information about graduation applications, contact the Enrollment Communication Center at 978-656-3393.
Students receive the Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree when they have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours or the minimum number of semester hours and courses required by a specific major program of study and the core curriculum.
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00.
- Minimum of 15 semester hours of coursework completed at Middlesex Community College
- Payment of all financial obligations.
Certificates require completion of specified coursework related to particular fields of employment or professional studies. Most of the credits earned in a certificate program may be applied toward an associate degree.
For information or questions regarding graduation eligibility, call the Assistant Registrar 978-656-3375.
Candidates for the associate degree whose cumulative GPA is at least:
3.20 - Honors
3.50 - High Honors
3.70 - Highest Honors
- To be eligible for graduation honors, students must earn a minimum 35 semester hours at Middlesex Community College.
- Honors read at the Commencement ceremony are based on the graduate's GPA at the end of the Fall semester.
For more information or questions regarding Phi Theta Kappa or graduating with Honors, contact the Honors Program Department at 781-280-3553.
Graduation Location/Cap & Gowns
Commencement exercises for the Middlesex Community College Class of 2017 will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 25, in the Lowell Memorial Auditorium, 50 E. Merrimack St.
- Graduates should arrive at the Auditorium by 8:30am
- Graduates will begin the processional at 9:30am
- If you arrive late, you will not be seated with your fellow graduates
Every graduate's name is announced during the ceremony. If you prefer a certain pronunciation
of your name, contact the Multicultural Center at 978-656-3267.
Cap & Gown Pick-up
Information coming soon.
Due to the large number of eligible graduates this year, each graduate will receive up to three invitations when you pick up your cap and gown.
Important Telephone Numbers
Student Accounts Office - 978-656-3291
Disability Support Services - 978-656-3251
Please call for accommodations at the commencement ceremony
Student Life Office - 781-280-3762
Student Information Center - 800-818-3434
Multicultural Center - 978-656-3267