Get A Head Start On Your College Degree
What is Dual Enrollment ?
- A program for high school students who want to earn college credit while working towards high school graduation requirements
Who qualifies for Dual Enrollment?
- High school or home school students in good standing
- Students that have the approval of their guidance counselors or home school advisors
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 grade point average
What courses can dual enrollment students take?
- Students may take courses that will meet a high school graduation requirement and are approved by their guidance counselor. Students must also meet all prerequisites for any course. This is usually determined by college placement testing.
What does it Cost?
- Dual Enrollment students pay reduced tuition costs
- Currently, Massachusetts dual enrollment students pay $87 per credit, which is about half of what the general population is charged.
- Limited funding from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts may be available to state residents to cover the cost of courses that are 3 or more credits, however this funding is not guaranteed
Can dual enrollment students apply for financial aid?
- Dual Enrollment students are not eligible for financial aid but are eligible for the MCC payment plan.
How many courses do students take each semester?
- Most dual enrollment students take one or two classes a semester. Students, along with a parent, work with their guidance counselor and an MCC advisor to determine how many classes they will take.
What is a typical schedule?
- There is no typical schedule as students may take classes days, nights, weekends, and online
What responsibilities does a dual enrollment student have?
- Dual enrollment students are responsible for their academic success. This includes, but is not limited to, attending and being on time for class, participating in class discussions, completing assigned reading and submitting assignments on time. Dual enrollment students should plan on spending 2.5 hours outside of class for every hour spent in class. So a student can plan to devote about 10 hours a week for each 3 credit class.
What services does the college offer dual enrollment student?
- MCC is committed to your success and offers:
- Specialized advising
- Small class sizes
- Disability support services
Can dual enrollment students participate in campus events?
- Dual enrollment students are encouraged to be involved in campus activities, such as student clubs and events.
- Schedule a time to take the College Placement Test
- Call 800-818-3434 to schedule an appointment
- Attend a Dual Enrollment Orientation to learn how to apply
- Submit a Dual Enrollment Application
Dual Enrollment Orientations
- Wednesday, April 2 at 5pm in Cafe East (Bedford Campus Center)
- Tuesday, April 15 at 5pm in the Lower Cafe (Lowell City Building)
- Thursday, May 8 at 5pm in Cafe East (Bedford Campus Center)
- Wednesday, May 14 at 5pm in the Assembly Room (Lowell Federal Building)
- Thursday, June 5 at 5pm in the Assembly Room (Lowell Federal Building)
- Thursday, June 12 at 5pm in Cafe East (Bedford Campus Center)