Dental Hygiene Department Mission Statement and Goals
Mission Statement of the Dental Hygiene Program
In conjunction with the mission of MCC, the mission of the Associate Degree Program at Middlesex Community College is to provide educational opportunities for Dental Hygiene students in a manner consistent with the college's mission, and to operate an educational program and clinical facility that is patient centered and strives for excellence. We are committed to a policy of comprehensive Dental Hygiene care for all patients at our facility. We strive to maintain quality educational experience for a diverse student population. We seek to establish an active learning environment that responds to the needs of each student and to provide an atmosphere in which opportunities for maximum achievement are provided. We are ultimately committed to preparing competent dental hygiene professionals, capable of providing quality dental hygiene care in a variety of settings within a changing healthcare system and culturally diverse society.
- Prepare graduates to meet the program competencies and requirements for dental hygiene licensure.
- Maintain competent dental hygiene faculty and staff, and provide a supportive and collaborative educational environment.
- Provide support to to enhance the students' ability to successfully complete the program.
- Maintain a contemporary evidence and competency-based curriculum that emphasizes student-centered teaching and learning.
- Maintain inclusive admission policies and procedures that ensure qualified candidates.
- Provide comprehensive high quality dental hygiene services to the community within the scope of dental hygiene practice.
- Establish and maintain community relationships that provide access to care to diverse populations.
- Provide input to college wide decision making through participation in college governance.