Immunization Law Requirements
In order to attend classes at any Massachusetts university or college, state law requires that all full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all Health Program Division students (full and part-time, regardless of age), must provide a medical record of immunizations. This Record must contain dates when all the following required vaccines were received:
- MMR #1 (measles, mumps, and rubella)
- MMR #2
- Hepatitis B-three dose series
- Varicella (2 doses of vaccine)
- Health Program students have additional record requirements.
- MMR Waiver - Students born in the United States before 1957 (with the exception of Health Program students) will be considered immune to measles, mumps, rubella and exempt from the MMR documentation.
- VARICELLA - Any of the following meet the Varicella documentation requirement: 1) Physician verified - history of disease; 2) Born in the United States before 1980; 3) Two doses of Varicella vaccine; 4) Immune Varicella Titer Report
- Tdap - One lifetime dose for college freshmen entry.
There are several ways that may help you meet these requirements:
- Completed records from your physician's office
- High School Health Records
- Laboratory reports of immune Titers for Rubeola, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Varicella
- Military Service Immunization records
If you are unable to obtain records from the above sources, please contact the Center for Health and Wellness at 978-656-3235 or 781-280-3765 immediately for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Students who do not complete the Immunization Law requirement will be placed on Hold for grades, future registrations, and transcripts.
Submit Immunization Records to:
Center for Health and Wellness
Middlesex Community College
33 Kearney Square or 591 Springs Road
Lowell, MA 01852 Bedford, MA 01730
Bedford Campus Fax: 781-280-3826 Lowell Campus Fax: 978-656-3424