Welcome to Mathematics Tutoring
Mathematics tutoring includes help with topics from arithmetic through calculus.
In addition, math tutors can assist students in preparing for exams.
Assistance in math is available to students at both campuses and over the Internet. Click here to view the Math Center Hours.
Cowan Center 406B
Drop in visits are always welcome at all Tutoring Centers.
Mathematics Tutorial Links
- coolmath.com The name says it all!! This site has everything (fractions to fractals). The study hints and tutorials are well done. Super links.
- algebrahelp.com Algebrahelp.com is a collection of lessons, calculators, and worksheets created to assist students and teachers of Algebra.
- quickmath.com An online calculator that solves equations and does all sorts of algebra and calculus problems - instantly and automatically! This is a great place to check your work.
- The Math Forum E-mail Dr. Math questions and receive a reply in 24-48 hours. Plenty of FAQ's for every level of mathematics.
- Online Math Games Free online math games to try.
- History of Mathematics Good place to begin a research paper on the history of math or important mathematicians from 1700BC to 1970AD.
- free-ed.net Math, Accounting & Science help are all available on this one Web site. Quiz yourself on the topics covered. A lot of extras like chat-rooms and links.
- math.com A great site that has help from Basic Math to Calculus.
- Interactive Mathematics This site is very challenging and it does have some neat (but hard) math puzzles.
- Virtual Polyhedra This is a great place to see higher mathematics in use. It would also make a great screen saver. (Note, Requires VRML Plug-in for your machine).
**Always check in your book's Introduction to see if it has a web site.